With Hurricane Michael having come so soon after Hurricane Florence, we and our Carolina neighbors barely had time to breathe before we had to prepare for havoc once again. This time, the storm was different. Michael was the first hurricane that reached Category 3 status and hit the state of Georgia head-on in over a century. This was a beast of a storm that left people without power and substantial damage to their homes, the loss of their livelihood, and a surplus of water deteriorating everything in its way until it abated. Water damage was a common problem that many people suffered from, and it was worse if they evacuated and came home to water in their property. Unfortunately, this means that there was water damage, and mold development as well. Here is what you need to do to deal with mold growth in your home after water damage.
The most dangerous type of mold is black mold, but all mold is dangerous for you to be breathing in continually. If you can smell a musty odor in your home after the standing water has been soaked up and dried, you have mold. You need to have a professional service come to remediate this damage, as this is the only sure way to put the problem behind you. Mold outbreaks begin naturally. There are thousands of varieties of this fungus, and the spores make their way into your home from the outdoors. When you have excess moisture and the perfect temperature, the spores latch on to a surface and begin to grow – it’s then mold becomes dangerous.
Especially when you discover black mold, you should not be going near it without the right protective gear. When you’re too close, the spores will give you an awful, allergy-like reaction at first, before gradually making you sicker and sicker. The types of reactions you can expect can be anything from itchy, red, watery eyes, sore throat, intense cough, infections, skin rashes, and many more uncomfortable bodily effects. You don’t want to wait in acting on this problem, as the health of both you and your family will inevitably be affected.
There are many people out there who have claimed to have devised the most effective “do-it-yourself” or DIY methods for killing mold outbreaks on contact. They may include bleach, which is a powerful chemical, but oftentimes the infestation comes back – because the problem was only temporarily cleared up. A professional company will safely remove it mold, purify the air by cleaning out your HVAC system, and identify every source of the moisture to help you prevent the issue from recurring.
At Restoration 1 of McDonough, we are the best mold remediation team you can hire to treat your home, without question. As your neighbors and fellow Georgians, we struggled to watch people deal with the loss of their homes, and face the major damage that so many have to fix. We offer the best storm damage restoration, water damage restoration, and mold remediation response. Call us anytime at (770) 468-0400 , 24 hours a day, for expert emergency service.
As a first time homeowner, my home suffered water damage from a water heater leak. So glad I called this company. Peace of mind and trust worthy! From the kindness and professionalism of Mrs. Nicole to Mr. Rick professionalism and knowledge. Mr. Drake has been awesome as well!! He is knowledgeable, professional, and pays very close attention to every detail and continues to stop by daily to make sure everything is drying well! Soooo thankful! Highly recommend this company if your home suffers from water damage.
Absolutely outstanding experience with this company. The work is 100% excellent. The owner and employees were professional, courteous, helped with reassurance that our house could be restored. I would recommend this company to anyone requiring such services.
Water damage can be devastating, but you do have a few options. If you or someone you know has been affected by flooding or water damages there are steps to take first. Water damage is a major problem, not only for renters but also for homeowners. Flooding and leaking pipes are among the top causes […]
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, electrical fires accounted for more than 6% of all residential fires. The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) estimates that every year, over 50, 000 such fires cause pain and headache to families throughout the country. With so many outlets, and so many appliances charging or using power all day […]